- The Allenspark community is home to many fine artists, many of whom are nationally recognized. The Old Gallery provides an opportunity for these artists to display their works. Studio space and classroom space are also provided for local artists to hold classes and workshops. Volunteers staff The Old Gallery every weekend of the year.
- An annual Arts Day provides an opportunity for people to meet the artists and see them at work. Originally funded by a grant from the Boulder County Arts Alliance, this popular event is now in its third year. - Artists of the Month program, featuring the works of two local artists in June-December. An Opening Reception is held each month.
- Special exhibits (Passion Works, featuring the art of adults with and without disabilities) and dramatizations (the life of Pee Wee Reese).
- Numerous theatre workshops including Shakespeare and improvisation
- The recently formed Allenspark Performing Arts Group, produced and directed by Betsy Skinner, put on a well-attended musical theatre program entitled, From Page to Stage: A Musical Revue. The cast included 26 members of the local Allenspark and Estes Park areas.
- Group classes in CoreSinging
- A monthly Open Mic night provides a venue for local and area musicians, poets and comedians.
- Writing workshops and a writing group led by a local, published author.
- Arts and craft activities for children are offered throughout the year.
- A weekly art group provides a supportive environment for artists at all levels
- Classical concerts are held in private homes as fundraisers for the organization.
While The Old Gallery is MUCH MORE than JUST an art gallery, it has a long history of displaying art and currently exhibits a wide variety of professional work by local artists.
Open Saturdays and Sundays from 10-5 in the summer, 11-4 in the winter or by appointment.
The Old Gallery Artists
Tom Andrews, nature photography
Karen Barnett, oils
Tim Benko, nature photography
*David Duey, wood working
Vicki Dyas, gourds
Kristin DeSantis, metal wall art
*Wendy Ellsworth, seed bead artist
Rosalie Hill, gourds
*Barb Kostohryz, pastel
Joyanne Matthes, stained glass
Johnathon Oppermann, acrylic and pastel
*Cheryl Pennington, hand-colored b&w photos
*Hannah Shook, oils
Tom Schweda, nature photography
*John Wehmer, acrylic, pastel, watercolor
Martha Williams, watercolor